WhatsApp-Provides-End-To-End-EncryptionMarch 10, 2016
How to use WhatsApp Web on your PC – Part 1June 13, 2016
Could WhatsApp Replace Your Email?
Messaging service has added new features which may decrease email use
Figures published in February 2016 show that WhatsApp has more than 1 billion monthly active users, making it one of the most popular apps in the world. The latest WhatsApp update has brought five new features to the messaging app.
The new features include:
- Documents: Users can now share documents and PDF files using third party apps like Google Docs, iCloud and DropBox
- Photos: The new enhanced photo sharing features allows users to share images from other apps. Within the app, users hit “Photo / Video Library” and selecting “choose from another app”.
- Zoom: It’s now possible to zoom-in on videos, in the way many of us do on photos now
- Background: Users can now replace the standard background with an image or block colour of your choice.
- Storage: WhatsApp users have experienced storage issues in the past, stating the application uses too much space. Developers have responded to this and reduced the amount of space required to run the app.
The ability to file share within WhatsApp is a positive step for the instant messaging service, giving business users more reason to remain with the application rather than email.
WhatsApp announced earlier this year that they will stop supporting the BlackBerry 10 and Nokia platforms, as well as earlier versions of Android.